Diploma in Culinary Arts & Catering Management (DCCM)
Course Duration: 1 year
Entry Requirement: S.S.C or equivalent
Terminal Objectives: At the end of the course, the trainee will be equipped with enhance skills & knowledge for career in Trade - Cookery.
Enabling Objectives: The trainee will be able to:
- Prepare basic dishes that feature in many cuisines throughout the world.
- Achieve the goals of skills or set standards according to the requirements of the hotel and food industry.
- Maintain Food and Personal Hygiene & Safety in work place.
- Recognize Biological, Physical, Chemical and allergic contaminants.
- Analyze dishes, ingredients, hygiene, contaminants, portions, costing, pricing, food cultures etc.
- Prepare food like: Biryani, Mussaka, Spaghetti bolognaise etc.
- Prepare bakery food items like: Apple pie, Bun, Pastry cake etc.
- Present food in artistic and eye catching manner.
- Demonstrate their acquire knowledge and skills confidently.
Career Prospect: After the completion of the course students deserve to become assistant Chef, Professional Cook etc.